Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What lives beneath or maybe doesn't

The entire reason that Paris is where it is and not in Turkmenistan or somewhere else for that matter, is because several hundreds of years ago there was a tribe called the Parisii who decided they like the area that now has evolved into Paris. The reason they decided to move here because of the fishing. They're huge here, the fish! I was walking to work the other day and I saw them about 6 of them, just swimming at the base of the boat ramp/walkway thing where the seals/people sun themselves after work.

These are monsters. I don't know if you can make them out but if you look above the white speck in the direct middle of the page there are four, all fins, each about a foot and a half long. But I will just have to catch one to show you guys, though I don't see that happening too soon.

Umm, and something else in trying to find out what kind of fish are in the Seine, that I discovered? Over a period of 6 years over 300 bodies were retrieved from the Seine, the highest being 16 on one day. I guess these fish are big because they are eating Soylent Green... makes me think about walking home...

Yay bicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment