Sunday, July 4, 2010

Made in...

On this day, my Parisian 4th of July, I have been thinking, as I am wont to do on days that I do not work, I was thinking about origins, not only of the species, but the origins of things. Today for dinner I bought some groceries to make dinner, which will most likely end up Italian. I have garlic from Argentina, (weird, aren't Italy & Spain just a couple of hours away?) pigeon heart tomatoes from France, pasta from Italy, and snap peas from Kenya, CocaCola from France. Now, I don't know why but the last two just strike me as absolutely bizarre...

Why am I weird-ed out by peas from Kenya? I am sure Kenya is a nice place, but I just can't separate the governmental unrest from how they could possibly handle food. Is that unfair? Needless to say I bought them and will eat them, and they will be magnificent.

So there was that, and then the Coca Cola. I bought it in honor of all things American, as today is Independence Day.  So, it is made in France, which is actually one of the best things ever to happen to Coke this side of the border of Mexico.  There is no corn syrup!!!! It is glorious or should i say GLORIOUS! It tastes so much better. Brown sugary goodness. It is a flavor sensation.  Oh, and here is how to open an 8 pack. I love this efficiency. Using a chef's knife slice down the middle of the carrying carton.

and yes, I would willingly pay a sugar tax on this.

1 comment:

  1. love it - the symmetry alone makes me want to cosnume it

    ReplyDelete