Monday, July 5, 2010


So this was the sky the other day, at about 5pm or 17h as the folks around here say. It was beautiful. Look at how high those cumulus clouds, so majestic, so fluffy and white. There might even be some magical creatures living inside. Little did I know that they are harbingers of doom. I woke up the next day to one of the most intense rainstorms I have ever had the pleasure of walking to work through. Yes, I was soaked. But more than that, what astounded me was how absolutely dark it got, exceptionally dark, post gloaming dark, and everything was blue, it was a weird grey pinky yellow green color. Did I say dark, oh yeah. All the cars had to have headlights on in a "I am driving at night" kind of way, not a I am going to be overcautious and extra safe so other drivers see me in this inclement weather kind of way.
What you can't see is the Tour Montparnasse, which should look as if it is at the end of the street, plus you really can't tell how dark it actually is at 8:45 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment