Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gushing

I don't know if I have said it before. I suppose I could take about a minute and run through the half dozen blog posts I have made, and check, but I am posting again in regards to the brilliance that is the sewage and sanitation systems of Paris. First things first, it works, brilliantly. When it rains, water does not gather in huge swamp size lakes at the edge of the sidewalk. All the streets are pitch appropriately so runoff flows into the gutters, which are seemingly never clogged. And why are they never clogged? Well dear sweet reader, because actively, there are folks, in nice green jumpsuits that would make any ghostbuster green with envy, sweeping the gutters and sidewalks. They even have switches to turn on and off water to brush all the detritus away, leaving behind puritanically clean gutters.

Look at that water go, clean clean away!

No comments:

Post a Comment