Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beautiful old things





 Walking around yesterday morning, going to grab a cup of coffee I just walked around the 4th and noticed some of these beautiful old things. Its kinda great seeing this old stuff. These beautiful scraped gates, which I am sure they are going repaint. The french love scraping scraping scarping and then painting polishing painting. But we know I am kind of obsessed with that. I am totally going to do a wall "french polish"style as soon as I get a permanent place.


But onto other things. Look at the no parking sign on the street. Instead of writing things out, like one way or no parking they make symbols which stand for that. These red cross outs with blue centers are everywhere here. And so much aesthetically nice than a no parking sign. This one isn't so fresh, but looks great.


The two red doors, I was just impressed by how minimal it was/is. Look at how the threshold is not separated from the base of the building. It is just one granite block, and all of the windows are equally spaced all the way across, and the doors are in line with those above.


That lock is so awesome. I had to take a pic of it again. It probably doesn't work at all, as the gate was fastened with a chain, but looking like this I would keep it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment