Thursday, October 14, 2010



The above photographs of Rue de Furstemburg, not to be confused with Diane of a similar name. It is a tiny little sleepy place between two equally sleepy streets, who's names are completely escaping me right now. I know one of them is Rue Jacob, I just don't the one up at the top. But anyway this is kind of to the left and behind St. Germain. surrounding this petite place are fabric stores, a photo gallery, with the photographer presiding, and some tiny arty object-y stores down at the bottom of the place. I just bought two lithographs by this french illustrator Kim. They are cool, weren't expensive at all, and are really funny. You'll just have to come to Paris to see them.
I learned recently that Balthus the terrific modernist painter who rejected cubism and made some quite unsettling paintings lived here in the 1930s.

No comments:

Post a Comment