Sunday, March 6, 2011

taking a photo

 I was minding my own as it were and took a photo of this corner guard, or embellishment, the other day, and while I was doing so two kids came up to me. They were construction workers probably about 17 or 18 and asked me why I was taking a picture of the corner of this column, and then laughed when I told them just because I liked it. It was funny because they didn't even consider it worth taking a picture of, it was just there to them.


Oh the small things, and then there is this big thing. These buildings are great as they were built in symmetry with the curved Bourse building in the middle. This was taken up in the 4th, I think, or maybe the 3rd. I was on the way to the Louvre and passed it. I love it. It is completely in line with what I like about Parisian architecture. they see a need and instead of sticking a square peg into a round holethe decided to frame the peg with two moonshaped buildings. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment