Monday, August 16, 2010

Car Parade

So, I have discovered this wonderful tradition, that I haven't really researched but have just observed. There is a vintage/rare car parade/gathering every first Sunday of the month that drives down the Quai du Conte and then takes a pit stop at L'Institute de France, and then drives off. It is quite amazing and there are all types, makes and sorts of vehicles.
Porsche, Citroen and bizarro Fiat (I think).
Porsche. I love it and want it. Really really bad.
Citroen jeep in front of the Institute
An old Jaguar from the 50's. Look at those incredible lines.
Jaguar F-Type. So cool. And the red car is a Morgan.
Suicide door Citroen parked behind a Fiat.
Austin Healey. So great. Look at the line of the cream how it creates a contour all the way to the rear bumper.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thibes, guess what? Your grandfather (Uncle Chuck's father) had a beautiful Jaguar E type. I don't know what happened to it; I'm sure Patty sold it when he got sick. Also, that picture of the black Citroen? When I first came to France in 1957, that was the official taxi cab of Paris. Smooth ride.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete