Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Advertising gone awry


I was surfing around and was on the Gothamist when I saw  a pop up for Martha Stewart. This is a new ad for Gothamist so I decided to click through and this is what popped up. It is kind of unfortunate that this is my first impression of her site.
A dog food ad over No-Cook meals. It reminds me of the commercials in the early 90s with the old lady getting out catfood and making a plate with saltines. Depressing. But the funny thought I had was of Martha Stewart serving dog food to her guests at her Bedford estate, and all the phonies and synchofants there gushing at the exquisite pate. "What is it?" she responds kindly with an eye squinting smile. "Its the new Purina One, and its a good thing." That is when we will know she is d-o-n-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment